Friday, October 14, 2011

Day 5: The Whip Fix

Day 5: Consumerist Challenge

OOhhh, The Saturday Evic Specials. Our grocery store has what are called Evic Specials. Just on Saturday they offer these total awesome deals, and well tomorrow, I have so many coupon matchups for those items that it is killing me not to go out and spend the $. I mean $1 for fresh OJ! $1 for Organic Eggs! Boo Hoo. Will stick to Challenge as planned. So, if many of you don't coupon. I don't know why. Half of those people I bet go crazy for tax free days. But seriously, a 7% discount on one weekend a year or a 50-75% savings per grocery trip. Really I have no words because I can't contemplate. For those interested a couple of good match up websites, www.southernsavers.com, www.raininghotcoupons.com,  www.thecouponchallenge.com, www.krazycouponlady.com. More on coupons another day.

Total for today:
Consumerist Challenge: 0
Us: 1

In our first blog entry I mention that we have a few cats. For those of you who are not cat people, I'm sorry. But here at Chez Stoneford we foster these loving fuzzy purring friends through a wonderful rescue Alley Cats and Angels. www.alleycatsandangels.org
   
      Disclosure: Saving $ with coupons affords one to be able to foster with out any extra out of pocket!

Tonight we happen to be dog sitting one of my college roommate's dog Ally. She lives with 2 cats of her own, but she is so smitten with the fact that we have stairs and we have cats that are not "protected" behind a baby gate. Mind you, if they chose to be protected behind a baby gate, this 50+ lb ingenious girl can morph herself into a cockroach or put on a cloak of invisibility to end up on the other side.  (Will post video link) Downstairs...oooh...cat(s). Upstairs....oooh...cat(s). Man Cave...oooh...Cat(s). Outside....Whoa...NO CAT(s)? Anyway, this look of bewilderment came across her face and she pauses and turns side to side. Woof Woof, I guess that is her please let me back in I would like to see the kitties again please. She began to search all over and well, apparently our cats do not move/fly as quickly as the Ally's. HISS Hiss SPIT! POOFFFF! Cat hair is exploding all over my freshly cleaned house. White hair, black hair, tabby hair, long hair, short hair...I feel like a Dr. Suess book. Since a few of our cats can afford to lose a few pounds, we feel bad, but we are letting her "chase" the fat ones. Good thing we have plenty of kitty weed (Catnip) because they are going to be screaming for some come week's end.

I will also disclose that we also have a dog Jack who has his own dog Dunkin. Yes, our dog has a dog, and yes both are "real" dogs not outfit accessories and they KNOW to leave the cats alone. Battle scars. Another day, another story. 

So the point I am getting around to is that today, I never really knew what a WTF look was on a cat until today. Honestly, I didn't think they were capable of it. One of our littlest kitties, a foster about 3 months old, Whip, went in to be fixed. He is about 4 lbs, I'd say, so he is fairly small. We picked him up, brought him home, let him recoup for a few hours and this evening we let him out. He sees Ally and well since he is totally black, Ally really doesn't see him that well. Now, when he left this morning we had 2 dogs.  Whip has been awesome with our dog and his dog. But Ally, not so much. He is staying as close to us as possible. Right now, I don't think he can get any closer to Mr. Bacon Bringer Homer.  The utter look of betrayal. You got another DOG? He gleams over at me. What can I do? Hopefully by the time she has gone home, he will finally have come to off the anesthesia and the pain meds and life will be back to normal. But for now, Mr. Bacon Bringer Homer will have to live with this gigantic fuzzy mole of a kitten on the back of his neck. If he comes to quicker than we think, we have plenty of kitty prozac around to soothe his woe.

In closing, Whip finally got down.
Poor Ally, just got Whipped by Whip. She'll probably be leaving the cats alone for a bit.

Ps. A blurb from my MIL about Whip's WTF:
Whip: "You traded my balls for a Dog?" "WTF?"

No comments:

Post a Comment