Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 27: Q Crazy

Hello again! I feel like I have risen from the dead again, just like the old Shelley Long 80's movie! In one of my last Consumerism posts, I had mentioned the fact that our local grocer was doing super double coupons and well that is just how I have spent my last week. So I figured I would clue y'all in as to how it went.

What is super doubles? Once every few, very few months our local grocer offers to double manufacture coupons up to $1.98 in value. This means that they will double those high dollar Q's that say save X amount of $ as long as they do not exceed $1.98. So a $2 off Q will not double but a $1.98 one will. So can we say HELLO! You are coming home with me today! Most of what we got was free or pretty darn close!

We had to break super d's up into 2 grocery weeks so that we wouldn't bust our weekly grocery allowance. This allowance is $50 and I had more than enough Q's to make this happen and restock some of our out of supplies and low-on-hand- supplies from our October Challenge. Armed with my list in hand, I headed to the store, knowing what I knew I wanted to buy, knowing exactly how much I was going to spend.

FYI: If your grocer allows you to "shop online" for pick up in store, you are privy to their prices, so those crazies walking the aisles of grocery stores for their extreme couponing flat out have way too much time on their hands!

Disclosure: We are not extreme couponers, though we believe in a good deal, there is no reason why you have to hoard in your home, and hoard so that no one else gets to get a great deal!

Here is how it went: We made 3 trips total over the course of Wednesday through Tuesday Night

Trip 1:
Amount of Groceries Bought: $65 and some change
Amount spent Out of Pocket: $13 and some change
Savings: $42

Trip 2:
Amount of Groceries Bought: $118 and some Change
Amount spent Out of Pocket: $41 and some Change
Savings: $77

Trip 3:
Amount of Groceries Bought: $117
Amount spent Out of Pocket: $36.99

Grand Totals:
Amount of Groceries Bought: $300
Out of Pocket: $90.99
Over 70% savings!

For those inquiring minds that want to know what we bought:
2 bottles of Olive oil
2 (3)pks of sponges
18 cans of soup
4 loaves of bread
2 pkgs of butter
2 pkgs of cookie dough
6 boxes of pudding
1 pkg of Sweet sausage
4 gallons of Milk
1 pkg of cheese
2 pkgs of tupperware
1 bunch of celery
1lb of carrots
1 pkg of dried fruit
4 bottles of coffee creamer
6 frozen pizzas
2 jars of spaghetti sauce
2 boxes of teddy grahams
2 boxes of crackers
2 boxes of pasta
1 box of rice
2 pkgs of Chai tea
1 deoderant
10 jars of baby food
10 cans of cream soups
2 boxes of cereal
2 bottles of dish soap
16 rolls of paper towels
5 5lbs of Sugar
2 pkgs of Turkey
and so much more that I can remember!

We really have so much fun couponing! Our wallet won't allow us not to, but the hunt and the challenge is the best. Plus we collect rainchecks like crazy during these events so that we can get the uber good sale prices all year long!










2 comments:

  1. So, where do you find these milk coupons? Are you buying organic milk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Q's on milk are good for I quote "Any Brand" milk from Got Milk. They will even mail you ones. RainingHotCoupons is a good spot to find these.

    ReplyDelete