Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day 31: Inquiring minds for couponers Part 2


In the last Couponing blog, I left you off with where you can pull coupons from. So now what?

Getting Organized:
I was once one of those crazy people that took hours at the grocery store and pharmacy because I would have to flip and flip page after page. This is only after the hours I would spend on a Sunday afternoon cutting Q's and then playing oragami with them to get them into said binder. If you think that this is going to work for you great, but spending that time was frankly less important than spending the time with my family. So we needed a new Q system. After going to a seminar about couponers and couponing, I was introduced to the spend no more than 1 hr a week dealing with Q's and buying the products. Fantastic! Right up my alley.

So here it is. Some adaptation on your part of course to see what works for you, but here is my adaptation.

The first of every month, printable coupons are renewed and every monday new ones are added. If you see fruit, veggie, meat, and milk Q's do not wait to print. Print right then and there. Manufacturers limit the number of prints available to the whole universe and you don't want to miss it.

Big Binder filled with baseball sheets and dividers.
No, I couldn't just pitch it. I worked hard on it. So instead of filling it with my oragami Q's this is where I keep my Rain Checks organized as well as blinkies, catalinas, peel offs, tear pads and mailed Q's.

2 Small Collapsable Indexed Files:
I use them for my printables. One for Cold Printables and the other for Dry Good Printables. When I have a Q that pairs up with the sale paper for the week, I pull it and put it in the front pocket. Voila, inside aisles and outside perimeter.

1 Large Collapse Document File Holder:
When I get the Sunday paper, I pull the coupon inserts out. Write the date on the top and shove them into their own individual slot.

1 envelope:
I keep mine in my diaper bag to stuff it with Q's when we are out and about and possible stumble across some tear pads or blinkies!

Boom. Done. about 5 minutes a week. For gathering and Getting Organized. So if you don't think you have the time...

Now for Q matching up...
Do I read the sales flyers? Nope. Do you? Maybe, Maybe not. I don't have the time, but I do make time on Tueday's to scour coupon match-up sites that do it all for me. There are plenty of them out there. They list what is on sale at your grocer, tell you where you can find the Q, and tell you how much it will be OOP (out of pocket). Hello, pull and cut what you need. Done 15 minutes.

Disclosure:
You will want to know what Q's you have printed, because different Q's print for different zip codes and you might have a better valued Q printed than what they show as the highest dollar.

Then I write my list, total my bill put my little files in a recyclable bag and off we go.

So here are some great match-up websites to checkout:

Coming Soon: Part 3 Freebies and shopping

No comments:

Post a Comment