Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day 79: Mommy's new Addiction

If you haven't found it yet, Pinterest. OMG! It is fabulous! It is like having one place that doesn't clutter your house or your computer that stores all of those things that you either jot down or are meaning to get around to jotting down by just clicking pin when you come across something really cool online. I had heard about this website from someone that I honestly disliked with a severe passion and well avoided her recommendations like the plague. Well finally here I am in the New year, trying to try new things and well I have a new addiction! This website has motivated me in ways that I don't truly think I could possibly put into words.

Y'all know how much I am into decluttering our home and lifestyle, well this website gave me the green light into tackeling those places that I oh so much dreaded cleaning out. Starting small my patootie. In my kitchen we have the smallest counter next to the stove reserved as our overflow area. Most people have a drawer in their kitchen devoted for the catch all junk and we do too, but having 2 small children, I just don't get "round 2 it". I admit it I am a pile person and a clean it up really fast by just putting everything in a bag and stuffing it away out of sight. This place is comprised of just well we didn't know just what until today...coupons that I picked from the blinkies at the grocer, magazine articles for ideas, toys that needed to be "fixed", recipes, mail, cards, chargers and batteries... you name it this is where it lands...landed. Over the course of adding that new bundle of joy into our home, things have gotten a little out of hand. The junk drawer and counter overflowed it's way to another counter, the hall closet and the end of the entertainment center. I couldn't take it anymore. Out came the trash bags. Gone. Out of the house. Clear counters, clear junk drawer, clear hall closet.

A New Year brings a fresh new start here at Chez Stoneford, and well, the old went out with yesterdays news. Literally. Pinterest is giving me that place to put all this stuff hopefully into one little place except for those broken toys that need fixing and those cell chargers. Paperless billing is coming our way and a trash can next to the front door for junk mail to be drop directly into. An envelope into the car seat carrier has been placed to put those blinkies and a fresh start has begun!

Disclosure: My new addiction, I vow will only allowed to be followed when the children are napping.

No comments:

Post a Comment