Monday, February 13, 2012

Day 119: 2 week goals

I am a modern parent. My kids are messy and I admit I try keep it together but somedays I fail miserably. I have a new challenge to attempt to tackle, a two week one, so this should be simple and easy right? Hopefully. For 2 entire weeks we are going to strive to keep the house totally clean. I am hoping that this will spur us in the right direction of trying to figure out how "normal" people can take 10 minutes and have a clean house. I know, this sounds completely and utterly ridiculous, but hey if we can do it for 2 weeks, it will be something.


So here is where it starts. Last week I did a big clean. Baseboards and walls included. I don't know about you but there is nothing worse to me than having to sit there with a pot of peroxide, vinegar, water and a rag and scrub every inch of wall and baseboard, then having to go back over it with a magic eraser to get "the dang/ding it" spots. So after my big accomplishment, i went on a search of the internet to find different methods of trying to keep these trouble spots...well trouble free. So since we are dust and dirt free in the baseboard area, I am trying a test. I found this supposed to be cure all for the baseboard everything sticks to it...rubbing a dryer sheet on every square inch. This is supposed to help things from adhering themselves to them and make it easier for you to just run the vacuumn brush right over them. So lets see!

Anyway, 2 weeks how tired am I going to be? How frustrated or accomplished is it going to be around here at Chez Stoneford? Will/ can we stick to it afterwards? Another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment